Rust servers hosted by ChicagoServers are always and by default reporting to the Community or Modded server list in Rust, depending on if your server is modded or un-modded. If your server is not appearing in this list, it is usually caused by one of multiple common reasons.
If your server is not appearing in the Rust server lists, it can usually be solved with one of the following steps:
- Update your Rust server - If Rust is not up to date, the server will not appear. You can do this by clicking Steam Update on the left menu in the control panel. The update will then trigger.
- Update Oxide - If you are running Oxide on your server, this will need to be updated with every new Rust update (sometimes it can take a few hours for Oxide to release an update). You can update Oxide by navigating to the control panel and then going to Updates > uMod (Oxide).
- Update any mods/plugins - If you have any modifications or plugins installed, ensure they are all up-to-date.
- Shorten the server name - The server display name can cause the server to not show in the Rust server list if the name is too long or contains special characters. Try shortening the server name, or resetting it entirely and ensuring you only use letters and spaces in the name.
- Clear the Steam cache - To do this, access your server files via an FTP such as FileZilla, or on the control panel under Files > FTP File Access, then enter the Steam directory and delete both the "appcache" and "config" folder.
- Wait several minutes - If you still cannot see your server in the server list, it may also simply be because it hasn't appeared yet. Sometimes it can take a few minutes for your server to appear due to the large number of servers being loaded.
If after trying all of the above steps carefully it still isn't showing, try the following:
- In Steam on the top menu bar, click View and then Servers.
- On the window that was opened, click the Favorites tab.
- Click Add a server, enter your Server IP and click add to favorites.
- In Rust, you should now be able to see your server appear in the Favorited list after clicking refresh.
You can also submit a ticket to request a new Rust IP to be assigned to your server, which can often solve the issue.